Draft Tipperary County Council Climate Action Plan 2024-2029
Tipperary County Council has published its Draft Local Authority Climate Action Plan for the period 2024 – 2029 (LACAP) and is accepting submissions from stakeholders and the general public until 4.00pm Monday 6th November 2023
- Click here to view the Draft Local Authority Climate Action Plan 2024- 2029
- Click here to view Public Notice Draft Tipperary Co Co Climate Action Plan 2024- 2029.
The Draft LACAP is supported by the following supplementary documents (Click on the link to view)
- Tipperary Climate Change Risk Assessment 2023
- Tipperary Baseline Emissions Inventory 2023
- Socio-Economic Profile and Baseline Emissions Inventory for the Mid-Tipperary Decarbonisation Zone 2023
- Strategic Environmental Assessment Environmental Report
- Appropriate Assessment Natura Impact Report
If you have any queries about the Draft LACAP or the consultation process, please don’t hesitate to contact the Climate Action Office by email at email@example.com or by phone +353 (0)818 06 5000
Further details may be found on the dedicated Climate Action Webpage at https://www.tipperarycoco.ie/climateaction/tipperary-county-council-climate-action-plan
Submissions or observations with respect to the Draft LACAP should be made:
- Via the Online Form: by clicking on the 'Make a Submission' Button on this page
- In writing to: Climate Action Coordinator, Environment and Climate Action Section, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co Tipperary, E91 N512.
Submissions or observations must be made in writing no later than 4.00 p.m. on Monday, 6th November 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Please consider the following in making your submission:
- Submissions should be in ONE medium only i.e. online or in hard copy.
- Submissions or observations should include your name and address and, where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company etc. you represent.
- Children, or groups or associations representing the interests of children, are particularly encouraged to make submissions or observations.
- Written submissions or observations with respect to the Draft LACAP, made within the period stated, will be taken into consideration before the making of the LACAP.
- Please ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included.
- All submissions/observations will be subject to the Data Protection Act 1988-2018 and the Freedom of Information Act 2014
A copy of these documents may be inspected during public opening hours from Thursday 21st September 2023 until Monday 6th November 2023 inclusive at the following locations:
- Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, E91 N512
- Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, E45 A099
- Civic Offices, Castle Avenue, Thurles, E41 KA44
- Civic Offices, New Street, Carrick on Suir, E32 YV00
- Civic Offices, Rosanna Road, Tipperary, E34 WD51
Public Information Drop-in Events Tipperary County Council staff will be available during the hours 3.30pm to 5:30pm to provide guidance on the Draft LACAP and on the consultation process, you are welcome to come along to the following locations:
- Thurles Library, The Source, Cathedral Street, Thurles E41 K802 Tuesday 17th October
- Nenagh Library, O’Rahilly Street, Nenagh, E45 AK50 Wednesday 18th October
- Clonmel Library, Mick Delahunty Square, Clonmel E91 YW66 Thursday 19th October
- Tipperary Town Library, Excel Centre, Mitchel Street, E34 EW20 Tuesday 24th October
- Carrick On Suir Library Fair Green, Carrick-on-Suir E32 X860 Wednesday 25th October
All submissions received will be published online within 10 working days of receipt in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Acts 2000 (amended) and will be summarised in the Chief Executive’s Report, which will be published. You should ensure that no vexatious, libellous or confidential information, including confidential information relating to a third party (in respect of which the third party has not, expressly, or impliedly in the circumstances, consented to its disclosure) is included in your submission. The Planning Authority reserves the right to redact any submission or part thereof that does not comply with this requirement.
The Council’s privacy statement is available here. The Council’s privacy statement is available here.