Nenagh Traffic Management Plan One Way System
Tipperary County Council- Road Traffic Act 1994
Proposed Traffic Calming Measures on Pearse Street, Mitchel Street, Emmet Place, Kickham Street and Silver Street, Nenagh
Pursuant to the provisions of Section 38 of the Road Traffic Act, 1994, as amended by Section 46 of the Public Transport Regulation Act 2009, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice of its intention to carry out traffic calming measures on Pearse Street (R497), Mitchel Street (R873), Emmet Place (L1241), Kickham Street (R445) and Silver Street (R497), Nenagh.
The proposed works will consist of the following:
- the removal of traffic signals, a mini-roundabout and pedestrian guardrail;
- the provision of traffic islands, raised pedestrian crossings, landscaping and planting;
- the modification of a bus stop on Kickham Street and the relocation of a bus stop from Kickham Street to Pearse Street.
- The modification of existing pedestrian crossings and installation of new pedestrian crossings, traffic signs and road markings.
- Junction tightening works, the raising and lowering of manholes and gullies as required and all associated site works.
Pearse Street, Mitchel Street, Emmet Place and Kickham Street will become one-way streets and the direction of one-way traffic flow on Silver Street will be reversed.
Drawings and particulars of the proposals are available for inspection:
- On Tipperary County Council’s website attached
- At Nenagh Municipal District Office, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, E45 A099.
These documents may be inspected during normal office hours, 9:30 a.m. to 4.30 p.m., Monday to Friday from Thursday 23rd March 2023 to Wednesday 26th April 2023 inclusive (excluding weekends and Bank Holidays).
Submissions regarding the proposal clearly marked “Section 38, Proposed Traffic Calming Measures on Pearse Street, Mitchel Street, Emmet Place, Kickham Street and Silver Street, Nenagh”, can be made:
- By e-mail to email@example.com.
- By post addressed to: Marcus O’Connor, Director of Services for Roads & Transportation, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary.
Closing date for receipt of submissions: 16:30hrs on Wednesday 26th April 2023.
Marcus O’Connor, Director of Services