Part 8 Clonmel Regional Sports Hub Parking Alteration and Extension
PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000, as amended, PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, as amended ARTICLE 81 OF PART 8 OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, as amended
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to carry out the following development:
Description: The alteration and extension to existing vehicle parking areas and development of new vehicle (car and bus) parking areas and bicycle parking areas to serve the Clonmel Regional Sports Hub together with all associated and ancillary site works.
Location: TUS Clonmel Digital Campus, Burgagery-Lands West, Frank Drohan Road, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary.
Nature and Extent of Proposed Development:
- Existing 34 space car park altered to accommodate 6 No accessible parking spaces. 2 No existing bus parking spaces removed and relocated.
- Existing 50 space car park altered and extended to accommodate 32 extra car parking spaces.
- Development of a new bus/ car parking area, to facilitate 10 bus parking bays, or 34 car parking spaces when bus bays not in use.
- Provision of a bicycle parking stand.
- Previously permitted soakaway serving the Clonmel Regional Sports Hub now changed to a proposed storm attenuation tank.
- Ancillary site development works that shall include site drainage for the car parking areas and the adjoining Clonmel Regional Sports Hub development, public lighting, kerbing, footpaths and tarmac works, and minor alterations to the roundabout fronting existing TUS building.
- All associated site works.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 as amended. The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
In accordance with Article 120(1)(a) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, the Planning Authority has carried out a preliminary examination of nature, size and location of the proposal, and has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development, and an EIA is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including Appropriate Assessment Screening and Environmental Impact Assessment Preliminary Examination report will also be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy at: -
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street., Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91N512
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, E45 A099
from 9.30 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Friday, from the 09th December 2021 – 18th January 2022
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing and addressed to Sinead Carr, Director of Services, Tipperary County Council Civic Offices, Emmet St, Clonmel Co. Tipperary, should be clearly marked ‘Part 8 in respect of Clonmel Regional Sports Hub ‘ no later than 4.30 pm on Thursday 3rd February 2022
Signed: Sinead Carr
Director of Services
Tipperary County Council Civic Offices
Emmet St, Clonmel, Co Tipperary.