Part 8 Slievenamon Road Thurles N62
PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT ACT 2000, AS AMENDED, PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, AS AMENDED ARTICLE 81 OF PART 8 OF THE PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS 2001, AS AMENDED
Pursuant to the requirements of Part 8 of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended, Tipperary County Council hereby gives notice that it intends to carry out the following development: Description: Road safety and pavement improvement scheme, Slievenamon Road (N62), (townlands of Stradavoher and Thurles Townparks) Thurles, Co. Tipperary.
Nature and extent of the proposed development is as follows:
420m section of the Slievenamon Road (N62), (townlands of Stradavoher and Thurles Townparks), Thurles, Co. Tipperary
Nature and Extent of Proposed Development:
- Upgraded road layout with reduced carriageway width (approximate width of 6.5m provided);
- Widening of existing footways with new paving (widths ranging from 1.8m to 2.5m);
- Improved junctions with enhanced infrastructure for pedestrians and vulnerable road users, including tactile paving, raised crossings and roundabout splitter island;
- Road resurfacing;
- New public lighting, with a total of 15no. new lighting columns;
- New surface water drainage to connect to existing surface water network;
- Enhanced soft and hard landscaping including the provision of new street furniture; and,
- All associated site works.
The development has been the subject of an Appropriate Assessment screening in accordance with Article 6(3) of the EU Habitats Directive (Directive 92/43/EEC) and Article 250(1) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001, as amended.
The Appropriate Assessment screening concluded that the proposed development would not be likely to give rise to significant or indeterminate impacts on any Natura 2000 site.
In accordance with Article 120(1)(a) the Planning Authority has carried out a preliminary examination of nature, size and location of the proposal, and has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development, and an EIA is not required.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development, including Appropriate Assessment (AA) and Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Screening Reports, will be available for inspection or purchase at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, during public opening hours, from 9.30 am- 4.30 pm Monday to Friday for a period of 4 weeks – 28th July 2022 to 25th August 2022 (inclusive but excluding bank holidays), at:
- Thurles Municipal District Offices, Castle Avenue, Thurles, Co. Tipperary, E41 KA44
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, E45 A099
- Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91N512
Details of the proposed development are also available online in the attached documentation.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be situated, may be made in writing and addressed to:
Marcus O’Connor, Director of Services, Roads, Transportation and Infrastructure,
Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, and should be clearly marked ‘Part 8 in respect of proposed Slievenamon Road Thurles Improvement Scheme’ no later than 4.30 pm on 8th September 2022.
Any person may, within 4 weeks from the date of this notice, apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have significant effects on the environment.
Marcus O’Connor, Director of Services, Roads, Transportation and Infrastructure, Tipperary County Council, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary