Thurles Local Area Plan 2024-2030
Tipperary County Council is preparing a new Local Area Plan for Thurles, which will set out the land use strategy for the town to ensure the town can grow, support employment and homes and can do so sustainably and successfully.
The Council is inviting submissions from the public to identify priorities and help shape the future development of the town. This stage represents the ‘issues’ stage before a draft of the local area plan is published. An Issues Paper has been produced to help inform submissions and is available on this webpage.
The Issues Paper sets out:
- Why we are preparing a Local Area Plan
- The process of adopting the Local Area Plan
- Key questions for the local community in shaping the Plan
- How you can get involved in making the Plan
Copies of the Issues Paper are also available for public inspection during public opening hours from Friday, 4 November 2022 to Monday 5 December 2022 inclusive at the following locations:
- Planning Section, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary
- Planning Section, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary
- Thurles Municipal District, Civic Offices, Castle Avenue, Thurles, Co. Tipperary
- The Source Library, Cathedral Street, Townparks, Thurles, Co. Tipperary [Eircode E41 A4E8]
Submissions or observations with respect to the Thurles Local Area Plan should be made:
- Online: by clicking on the 'Make a Submission' on this page
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing: Thurles Local Area Plan, Planning Department, Civic Offices, Limerick Road, Nenagh, Co. Tipperary, E45 A099 OR Thurles Local Area Plan, Planning Department, Civic Offices, Emmet Street, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, E91 N512.
A drop-in public information session will also be held at The Source Library, Cathedral Street, Townparks, Thurles from 3-7pm on Tuesday, 15 November 2022 to discuss key issues for the Plan. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Submissions or observations must be made in writing no later than 4.00pm on Monday, 5 December 2022.
Please note that, in accordance with the requirements of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended), all submissions / observations will be subject to Freedom of Information legislation